Desktop Video/Connectivity

Sorry if this is not your subject area-- I don't know how to find the "expert" to fit this question. Basically, I am wondering how I can play movie files on my TV in the simplest way. Is there anything you can say on this subject? Many thanks.

It's outside my area of expertise but from personal experience, I can tell you two ways.

You can connect a computer to your tv using a VGA cable for video and a 2.5mm audio cable(it looks like it has a headphone plug on both ends.) Your tv will likely have these connections. You may have to press some buttons on your computer to make it show up, they're all a little different. Your tv is basically just a big monitor anyway. You may also be able to connect them via HDMI if both have those connections.

The other way is with a Roku stick or a Chromecast. I just got the Roku and it works great.

Good luck.

Desktop Video

R. Ferguson

Some technical knowledge in connectivity, systems, cameras, image/video software. I am better at project development, scripting, organization, conceptualization. I know Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, AfterEffects, some Avid, and some others but am no real expert on them. I also have knowledge in multimedia.

Wel over 20yrs of various TV/video production experience. B.S. degree in TV Production from James Madison Univ. Taught TV production at a community college for 5 yrs.

Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications (Radio, TV, Film); James Madison Univ., Harrisonburg, VA

Telly Awards, Communicator Awards, Ava Award, Virginia Community College Associatiopn awards, National Council for MArketing and Public Relations Awards, CAB Award, and others.