Desktop Video/Smartphones With Video/audio Conferencing Feature.

Dear Jonathan

Do Smartphones have the features of a Speakerphone which allow video / audio conferencing ?.

As a example instead of using a Speakerphone, a Company wants to interview candidate/s using a Smartphone device and do video / audio conferencing call with the potential candidate.

Is this possible with a Smartphone Device ?.

Thanks & Regards.
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant

This is a bit off-topic but I'll answer it anyway.

Most smartphones and even some feature phones have a speaker function. I use an app on my Android phone called 'In Call Recorder' that allows me to record interviews for later transcription -- I upload them to my Google Drive then I can open them in VLC.

When it comes to Video Conferencing, you may be limited by the bandwidth, but if you have a good internet connection, Skype is also an option. There are programs available for recording Skype conversations as well

Hope this helped

Desktop Video

Jonathan H Pienaar

Professional Final Cut Pro HD editor, with some experience in DVD Studio Pro, Motion and Shake. Currently working mainly for South Africa's version of "60 Minutes" - "Carte Blanche". I have not yet made the transition to FCP X -- I'm waiting for the dust to settle on that, so in the meantime a good resource is Larry Jordan ( Please don't post questions about hooking up PVRs, DVDs and hi-fis - there must be an Expert in the Home Entertainment section who can help you better than I can.

20 years as a professional editor: worked in feature films, commercials, music videos and actuality.

High school, 2 years of university degree.