Desktop Video/inquiries about video editing
dear sir good day
I m asking about the following
1- how can I merge several videos with each other ?
2- how can I change background of a video I had recorded ?
3- how can I put musical background upon video also my voice upon video ?
4- how can I cut a piece of a video from original video for instance ( if I have a video with 5 minutes and I want just 2 minutes from this video - cut a time frame from a video ) , hope you understand what I mean ?
5- does you tube has all the option mentioned above ?
6- how can I recorded a piece of video from you tube video the same as question number 4 but on you tube ?
7- last thing , how can I add musical or voice background to an audio record for instance ( I m perform my poems voiced and want to add background or had a music played and want to narrate on background ?
8- does the following players (real player - km player - divx - media player - jetaudio - winamp ) can do what I mentioned questions above ?
9- recommend me a freeware programs please ?
thanks and best regards
This is a very broad and non-specific question -- I will try and answer as clearly as possible, with the numbers as per your question.
1) By "Merge" I presume you mean to join them so they play in sequence. This is basic Non-Linear Editing (NLE) -- joining video clips together so that they play as one. For more info on this look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-linear_editing_system
So to do this you will need video editing software. There are a few options for this, which I'll outline later.
2) To change the background is difficult. If you shot the subject on a plain blue or green background, you could use something called "chroma key" in a proper editing system.
3) Adding sound is also the function of video editing software. So you would have:
|VIDEO TRACK --------------------------------->
|ORIGINAL AUDIO TRACK ------------------------>
|MUSIC TRACK --------------------------------->
|VOICE TRACK --------------------------------->
Most good NLE software would allow you to mix these audio tracks in a very basic manner, changing volume of each track as you need it.
4) This again would be achieved using NLE software.
5) YouTube as far as I know does not allow much more than simply adding an audio track. It is very limited.
6) I don't believe Youtube has this option.
7) This is similar to question 3.
8) These are video players, not NLEs, so no, they cannot do editing.
9) If you have a reasonably powerful computer running Windows or Linux, I recommend the free version of Lightworks (www.lwks.com). If some of your clips don't play on Lightworks, try using MPEG Streamclip (www.squared5.com/) to convert them to a format (codec) that can - this will also change framerate if you need to, as Lightworks operates best with all clips having the same framerate (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate
You can also try the free software from Windows called Movie Maker: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-za/windows-live/movie-maker
-- this is a much more basic editor, but it may be able to do everything you want to do.
Alternatively look at the list at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software
. Debugmode Wax looks interesting, but I haven't had time to try it out.
The best machine for editing is a Mac - even an older Mac will have iMovie, which can do all you need to do.
Hope this helps, and good luck.