Desktop Video/iMovie editing

Question
I haven't seen a clear explanation anywhere of how to do the equivalent of a splice in iMovie. I'm recording a musical performance where a mistake is made, say at 2:00 (out point) and then is corrected (in point) at 2:03:33. I want to remove the video between those two points. I have iMovie9. Can you help me with this? Thanks.

Answer
I've never used iMovie but it should work like other editing programs to an extent. See if you have a razor blade editing tool. If so, just use the razor to make the two cuts and then delete the part you don't want. Then slide the other two together. You'll probably want a transition of some sort there.

If there is no razor, try it this way. Put the show's full clip on your timeline. Then trim from the end backwards to your 2:00 mark (Where the mess up begins). Now you have the first good part trimmed. Then grab the full clip from your bin again and drop it on the time line after the first trimmed clip. Do the same thing with this one except start at the beginning and go to the 2:03:33 spot (where it gets good again). Now slide this clip over and butt it up against the first one. Done.

Hope this is helpful
Good luck.

Desktop Video

R. Ferguson