Desktop Video/laptop display

Hello Ferguson

I hope I am in the right category and you can help.

Using as an example if I have a video file (720p404) and shown on a laptop screen, one is 19201080 and the other 1366768 with both having the same sizes 14" screen, which one will be clearer or basically no difference.

Please explain. If so what benefit I get if any,  by buying a 19201080 laptop before I commit.

Thank you. Your reply is very much appreciated.

This is outside of my area of expertise but I do have a little experience with things like this so I'll offer my opinion. However, you may want to do some more research to make sure you get what you need.

I'm thinking that the bigger the computer's display numbers, the smaller your image will be. Example: when using the 1920x1080 screen, the 720x404 takes up less of the total area (720 pixels wide out of 1920 available...720 is about 1/3 the screen width so it will take up only about 1/3 of the screen) while the other setting, 1366x768, will provide a bigger picture (720 pixels wide is more than half the width of the available 1366 pixels so it should be about half the screen wide).

Now, you can increase the window size to play across the whole screen, but you will essentially be oversizing the pixels resulting in a poorer image quality. That being said, I would guess that since you would be oversizing the pixels less on the 1366 screen that it would make a better image.

That's just what I think. You may want to look into it further. I think you would be fine with either screen size as the quality difference will probably not be that much.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Desktop Video

R. Ferguson

Some technical knowledge in connectivity, systems, cameras, image/video software. I am better at project development, scripting, organization, conceptualization. I know Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, AfterEffects, some Avid, and some others but am no real expert on them. I also have knowledge in multimedia.

Wel over 20yrs of various TV/video production experience. B.S. degree in TV Production from James Madison Univ. Taught TV production at a community college for 5 yrs.

Bachelor of Science Degree in Communications (Radio, TV, Film); James Madison Univ., Harrisonburg, VA

Telly Awards, Communicator Awards, Ava Award, Virginia Community College Associatiopn awards, National Council for MArketing and Public Relations Awards, CAB Award, and others.