Desserts/cake recipes for 13x18 size sheet pan

trecie wrote at 2013-03-23 18:01:28
2cups cake flour

1 3/4 plus 1 1/2 teaspoon All purpose Flour

2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1 cup unsalted butter

3 cups granulated sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

1 cup egg whites (about 7 eggs or pasteurized egg whites in liquid form)

1 1/2 cups milk

Sift together cake flour, all purpose flour and baking powder set aside

combine butter sugar an beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.

add the salt and vanilla

set the mixer to low speed and gradually add the egg whites, scrapping often.

Alternately adding the flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture in to batches starting withe the flour.

Scrape down the bowl between each addition and beat until thoroughly combined.  Set the mixer to medium-high speed for about 20 seconds then stop and scrap the sides of the bowl.

Bake 35mins or until toothpick comes out clean

cool for 20mins in pan

then release and cool an additional 20

Deborah Robinson

I cook for fun and relaxation - not into professional cooking. But I have a great supply of recipes - desserts as well as other goodies. If I don`t know of the recipe for which you are searching I enjoy trying to find new things. Please DO NOT ask me anything about FONDANT or MARZIPAN ... I don't have a clue - have never used them.

I have cooked since I was 5 years old (over 50 years now) and enjoy cooking for family and friends. I decorate cakes for birthdays to weddings and everything in between.   I collect recipes from around the world (I live and work overseas) and enjoy trying new foods and cooking techniques.

BA in Elementary Education / Speech; MEd in Reading and Language Arts; Principal K-12 Certification