Desserts/Wrong size baking pans?

Well I just noticed its 2, 10 inch round pans I only have 3,9 inch round pans. What Can I do I don't have a car to go buy pans. This is the recipe and I spent a lot of money on the ingredients.

When you are in doubt how much batter to put in your pans, first fill your pan 2/3 up the side with water and measure that water. When you make your cake batter measure the batter and that will tell you how many pans you need for that batter. Looking at your recipe I think you might be able to get by with only 2 of your 9 inch pans. The cakes will be a little thicker but will make an elegant looking layer cake.

After doing the measuring you may decide to use all three of your pans which will make thinner cakes. For myself, I would prefer the thicker layers since they will be sliced in half.

Best of Luck to you!

I started cooking and baking when I was eight years old which gives me over fifty years of experience. My love has always been desserts. Although I am sure there is a question out there that I cannot answer, I have yet to come across it.

My experience includes both domestic and professional. My husband and I both came from large families and we had four children of our own. I have cooked and baked for all of the holidays, birthdays, graduations and weddings. Professionally, I trained in a French restaurant and worked at various country clubs and at the Grand Floridian Hotel at Walt Disney World.

I have several articles and restaurant reviews published on ezine article, buzzle, article biz, and several others. I have authored two cookbooks and am currently working on a third.

I am certified by master chef Paul Bucose.