Desserts/converting a recipe to yield more

to convert a recipe yielding for 20 to 125 do i just divide the 125 by the 20= 6.25 and then multiplying the recipe by that?

Yes, in principle, but there are other considerations.  Some recipes do not expand very well.  You are probably better off to cook the recipe 7 times, or just double the last set.  If you DO plan to do a bulk recipe, you will need to reduce the salt but I'm not good at this one - you might contact a school or hospital nutritionist, or Wilton if it's a cake or cookies.  I also have memories of adjusting vanilla when expanding recipes.  But if you do it one or two at a time, you probably will be fine with doing a standard doubling.

I hope this is helpful.

Deborah Robinson

I cook for fun and relaxation - not into professional cooking. But I have a great supply of recipes - desserts as well as other goodies. If I don`t know of the recipe for which you are searching I enjoy trying to find new things. Please DO NOT ask me anything about FONDANT or MARZIPAN ... I don't have a clue - have never used them.

I have cooked since I was 5 years old (over 50 years now) and enjoy cooking for family and friends. I decorate cakes for birthdays to weddings and everything in between.   I collect recipes from around the world (I live and work overseas) and enjoy trying new foods and cooking techniques.

BA in Elementary Education / Speech; MEd in Reading and Language Arts; Principal K-12 Certification