Desserts/converting a recipe to yield more

Question
to convert a recipe yielding for 20 to 125 do i just divide the 125 by the 20= 6.25 and then multiplying the recipe by that?

Answer
Yes, in principle, but there are other considerations.  Some recipes do not expand very well.  You are probably better off to cook the recipe 7 times, or just double the last set.  If you DO plan to do a bulk recipe, you will need to reduce the salt but I'm not good at this one - you might contact a school or hospital nutritionist, or Wilton if it's a cake or cookies.  I also have memories of adjusting vanilla when expanding recipes.  But if you do it one or two at a time, you probably will be fine with doing a standard doubling.

I hope this is helpful.

Debba

Desserts

Deborah Robinson