Desserts/Dessert Calzone Dough

Question
QUESTION: Hello Frances,

You shared a recipe for a calzone dough with me awhile back that worked out great. Thanks again!

I was wondering if I could modify it for dessert calzones. Eliminate the salt and pepper?

Thank you.

~Rich

ANSWER: Dear Rich,

Great to hear from you again and happy the recipe worked for you.

Yes can use that dough recipe but you might want to add a little more yeast and sugar.

If I was going to make dessert dough however, I would want a lighter, flakier dough.  You might like to look at some of my sweet dough recipes on this page http://www.painlesscooking.com/sweet-dough-recipe.html

Let us know what you try and how it turns out.

Best Regards,

Fran

QUESTION: Thanks Fran:-) Can't wait to try it!

Just have two quick questions though, about the basic sweet dough. One, can I use evap milk? And two, the recipe says two packages of dry yeast. I can't get my yeast in small packs, so how much would two packages measure out to? Two Tablespoons?

Thank you.

Answer
Dear Rich,

Two Tablespoons of yeast is correct; one tablespoon for each package.

Do you have powdered milk? This would work much better than evaporated milk. If you have to use evaporated, I would dilute it with some water. Maybe start with 4 Tablespoons of water and fill with the evaporated milk to 1/2 cup for this recipe.

Fran

Desserts

Frances