Desserts/peach cobbler

I bought some peach cobbler from Sweetie Pies on March 10th, and its been in the fridge every since. Is it still good to eat?

Dear Judy,

You are asking someone who pushes the envelope on these things.  My philosophy is that if it doesn't smell bad and doesn't have mold on it, it's probably just fine.  There are no ingredients that will poison you if it has gone a little bad, IMHO, and if your fridge is properly set, I would go for it.

That being said, I am not a doctor and I cannot, in good conscience, say it IS OK.  You are ultimately the one who has to decide.  But those are the tools I use.  I believe we are all far too quick to throw things away these days.  If in doubt, DO NOT give it to anyone who is too young or too old, who might not have the strength to tackle something you are not sure about.  But for someone who is healthy and has no compromising ailments, I wouldn't let it go to waste ... just to 'waist'!  Things like that are full of preservatives, anyway.  

Deborah Robinson

I cook for fun and relaxation - not into professional cooking. But I have a great supply of recipes - desserts as well as other goodies. If I don`t know of the recipe for which you are searching I enjoy trying to find new things. Please DO NOT ask me anything about FONDANT or MARZIPAN ... I don't have a clue - have never used them.

I have cooked since I was 5 years old (over 50 years now) and enjoy cooking for family and friends. I decorate cakes for birthdays to weddings and everything in between.   I collect recipes from around the world (I live and work overseas) and enjoy trying new foods and cooking techniques.

BA in Elementary Education / Speech; MEd in Reading and Language Arts; Principal K-12 Certification