Do desserts made with chocolate ganache need to be kept refrigerated?

Dear Dawn,

In general, ganache can be out about 10 days in cool temps with no problem.  If you live in a particularly hot climate and don't have AC to moderate the temps, I might tend to wrap it carefully so it doesn't pick up smells in the fridge and pop it in.  But, it's not necessary.  If longer than 10 days, refrigeration might be necessary.  Overall, though, it's up to you.  If you don't feel comfortable leaving it out, put it in, by all means.  Just be sure you have done everything possible to block odors from getting to it.

Deborah Robinson

I cook for fun and relaxation - not into professional cooking. But I have a great supply of recipes - desserts as well as other goodies. If I don`t know of the recipe for which you are searching I enjoy trying to find new things. Please DO NOT ask me anything about FONDANT or MARZIPAN ... I don't have a clue - have never used them.

I have cooked since I was 5 years old (over 50 years now) and enjoy cooking for family and friends. I decorate cakes for birthdays to weddings and everything in between.   I collect recipes from around the world (I live and work overseas) and enjoy trying new foods and cooking techniques.

BA in Elementary Education / Speech; MEd in Reading and Language Arts; Principal K-12 Certification