Differential Equations/maths

you were to count one number per second and counted seven hours per day day .How long would it take to count a billion

There are 60 seconds in a minute.
There are 60 minutes in an hour, so that is 60*60 = 3,600 seconds in an hour.
The counting is done for 7 hours each day, so that is 7*3600 = 25,200 per day.

One billion is 1,000,000,000, so calculate 1,000,000,000/25,200 giving around 39,682.5.

There are 365 days in a year, but then we have a leap year every four years,
so lets us 365.25 since 4*0.25=1.  Calculating 39,682.5/365.25 = 108.6448725 years.

To reduce it even further, we could say that is a little over 1 century or maybe
1 2/25 centuries.  

Differential Equations

Scott A Wilson

I am capable of solving most ordinary differential equations and a few not so ordinary, but those are few and far between.

I have taken Differential Equations at OSU. Occasionally I have assisted people with questions on the subject.

I wrote a thesis on the study of shock waves and rarefaction fans. That occurs in nature when mathematics fails to apply. See, mathematics says that when shock waves appear, there should be two solutions whereas nature knows there is only one way to be in that area. When rarefaction fans occur, the mathematics says there should be no solution, but despite this, nature still moves ahead with its own plan.

I received an MS degree at OSU in Mathemematics and a BS degree at OSU in Mathematical Science.

I graduated from OSU with a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics with honors. Two years later, I graduated from OSU with a Master of Science degree in mathematics with honors. Between these two degrees, I have more hours in graduate courses that required to get them.

I answered many questions at OSU, down in south seattle at a college, at a church in Corvallis, OR, as Safeway in Washington, and many other areas. I have answered over 8,500 right here, but only a little over 190 of them have been in differential equations.