Digital Photography/DSLRs

Question
Hi Vipin,

I've been wanting to buy a camera recently and a friend recommended me to you. I have wanted to buy a DSLR for a long time, and will recently buy one. I was wondering what camera you think has amazing resolution? Now I know DSLRs are all great when it comes to this, but I would really like one that just shines. Do you have a personal favorite? It would also be a bonus if that camera can take nice low light shots, but its okay if it can't. Could you tell me a camera with a high price range and one with a low so I could compare?

Thanks a bunch!
Justin

Answer
Hey Justin

I sincerely apologize for the delay.

Your query doesn't actually suggest any price bracket so i would suggest you something on my own. The best DSLRs as of now in the $600-800 price range would be the following:

1. Canon 600D & 650D
2. Nikon D5100
3. Sony A37 & A57

Out of the above, the Sony A37 & 57 are the best choices, keeping in mind the Image Quality, Performance, Speed, Features & Lens costs. The second best would be the Canon followed by the Nikon. I am personally using the Sony A57 & the results are nothing short of extraordinary.

In case of full frame DSLRs the options would be as follows:

1. Canon 5D Mark II & Mark III
2. Sony A99
3. Nikon D600 & D800

Again, the latest Sony is the best combination of Quality, features & Performance, followed by Canon & Nikon. These are all $2500 & above though.

Considering you are starting i would suggest you start off with the Sony A57 & upgrade to a full frame when you think you've outgrown this camera.

Please feel free to get in touch in case of any further queries.

Regards

Vipin  

Digital Photography

Vipin Joshi