Digital Photography/Looking for a Camera!

Hello! I'm looking for a digital camera to buy for myself before I go off to college. I need something that is small and compact, but that I can also take good pictures with. I would be using this camera for both photography and art, but also to take to parties and concerts. So I'm basically looking for a very good but small camera that is reasonably party proof. Do you think you can help me?

Hey Lucia

Well, your query does not mention the budget so i'll try and suggest you a product around myself.

The Sony WX50 (16 MPX, 5x Zoom) & WX150 (18 MPX, 10x Zoom) are really great options, offering a compelling mix of sleek design and latest features. These are priced between $200-300 and are the best in segment.

These offer you exceptional low light shots (great for parties), camcorder quality Full HD Videos, photo clicking during videos, make up mode, panorama etc. The best part is that they are Ultra Sleek and easy to carry as well.

I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to get in touch in case of any further clarifications.

Digital Photography

Vipin Joshi

I can answer all questions related to buying/choosing a Digital Camera, SLR Camera, Lenses etc. I will help you choose the best product with a holistic approach, keeping in mind your requirement and budget.

I own 4 Retail showrooms in NOIDA & Delhi, where we deal in Smart Phones, Digital Cameras, D-SLRs & accessories. We have been in the business for over 16 years now. I have gained my knowledge over a period of time by using and comparing the Cameras first hand and understanding the intricacies involved by testing them myself. I have been conducting personal training sessions for my DSLR customers and otherwise, at a cost. I have written an article in the newspaper on 'How to buy a Digital Camera' ( have been interviewed on a news channel (

JOSHI SONS 232, IInd Floor, The Great India Place, Sector-38-A, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312711, 09811900477 F-8, Ist Floor, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811900400 G-32, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811520880 183, New Lajpat Rai Market, Delhi-110006 Ph: 011 23269866, 9811900477

Dainik Jagran, City Plus (October 15 - October 21, 2011). Posted on Video of my GIP showroom coverage with my expert comments on How to choose the right camera (

I completed my schooling from Delhi Public School (NOIDA), Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from Delhi University and PGDBA (MBA) from Symbiosis, Pune.

Canon Privileged Partner SONY Alpha Flagship Store Exclusive Nikon Showroom Nikon DSLR Zone Olympus Zone Fujifilm Priority Partner

NTPC, ONGC, Indian Oil Corporation, Meinhardt Singapore Pte Ltd, Indian Army, Precision Pipes (PPAP), Russian Embassy, NDTV, Zee News, HCL,, Technip, NDTV, AAj Tak and several others.