Digital Photography/Which SLR to buy ...

Dear sir, please suggest a digital camera within a budget of 12-13k INR which will be extensively used for landscape photography and macros well as day to day photography. I have short listed the Canon IXUS 230 HS (though itís a bit high priced for my budget), Nikon L810, Nikon L120, Canon SX160 IS and the newly released Sony DSC H100. I want manual modes on exposure, ISO, shutter speed, aperture and manual focus (though the last one is not of high priority), good optical zoom and fast accessibility with loads of features. Am more inclined towards the DSC H100 since itís a relatively new camera with very positive reviews over the web. Which one should I go for and is there any other model I missed out ?? Thanks in advance ..

Dear Soudipan

The delay is deeply regretted.

Your budget is good enough for the segment best Cameras, though increasing it slightly would get you even better choices.

Out of the above mentioned cameras, the Nikons & Canon IXUS 230HS do not offer manual control. The Sony & Canon SX160 are good choices, with the Sony feeling more like a proper DSLR. I'd rather suggest the Fujifilm S2980 (Rs.10999) or the Fujifilm S4500 (Rs.14499) offering 18x & 30x respectively. They look like DSLRs & offer full manual controls, as well as an Electronic Viewfinder (EVF). The detail levels of the same are mind blowing as well.

Considering your budget & the price of the Fujifilm Cameras, i think they would be the best bang for your buck.

Please feel free to get in touch in case of any further queries.

Digital Photography

Vipin Joshi

I can answer all questions related to buying/choosing a Digital Camera, SLR Camera, Lenses etc. I will help you choose the best product with a holistic approach, keeping in mind your requirement and budget.

I own 4 Retail showrooms in NOIDA & Delhi, where we deal in Smart Phones, Digital Cameras, D-SLRs & accessories. We have been in the business for over 16 years now. I have gained my knowledge over a period of time by using and comparing the Cameras first hand and understanding the intricacies involved by testing them myself. I have been conducting personal training sessions for my DSLR customers and otherwise, at a cost. I have written an article in the newspaper on 'How to buy a Digital Camera' ( have been interviewed on a news channel (

JOSHI SONS 232, IInd Floor, The Great India Place, Sector-38-A, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312711, 09811900477 F-8, Ist Floor, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811900400 G-32, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811520880 183, New Lajpat Rai Market, Delhi-110006 Ph: 011 23269866, 9811900477

Dainik Jagran, City Plus (October 15 - October 21, 2011). Posted on Video of my GIP showroom coverage with my expert comments on How to choose the right camera (

I completed my schooling from Delhi Public School (NOIDA), Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from Delhi University and PGDBA (MBA) from Symbiosis, Pune.

Canon Privileged Partner SONY Alpha Flagship Store Exclusive Nikon Showroom Nikon DSLR Zone Olympus Zone Fujifilm Priority Partner

NTPC, ONGC, Indian Oil Corporation, Meinhardt Singapore Pte Ltd, Indian Army, Precision Pipes (PPAP), Russian Embassy, NDTV, Zee News, HCL,, Technip, NDTV, AAj Tak and several others.