Digital Photography/Which one to choose?

Question
I am planning to buy a DSLR. The range would be somewhere around 30-40k. I really like Canon 660d but I am confused. Somebody is suggesting me to buy Sony A37. I am a beginner, and I don't want to make a wrong choice. Help me out?

Answer
Hey Dakshyani

I'm really sorry for the late reply, but the festive season was too hectic and thus the delay.

The Canon 550D (you mentioned 660D) is an amazing camera and i would wholeheartedly suggest the same as well. In case the choice is between the Canon & Sony, the Sony would have an edge in terms of the following features:

1. Higher Continuous Shoot (7 FPS vs 3 FPS)
2. Better Low Light Performance (ISO 16000 vs ISO 6400)
3. All Lenses Stabilized, thus lesser cost (In Body Stabilization vs Lens based)
4. Faster focus during Live View for Stills/Video & no AF during video in Canon (Phase Detection       vs Contrast Detection)
5. Focus Peaking during Manual Focus for both Stills & Videos. The camera will highlight the area in focus in your choice of colour.

There are several more advancements in the Sony, owing to the SLT Technology, making it a better future ready product. As a beginner, the Sony would help you learn faster and understand the concepts of photography easily. The lower cost of lenses and stabilization in all the lenses would also be big factor.

Please feel free to get in touch in case of any further queries.

Regards

Vipin

Digital Photography

Vipin Joshi