Digital Photography/Differences between Canon EOS 1100D and Canon PowerShot SX50?

Dear Sir,

I would like to buy the Canon PowerShot SX50, that superzoom camera.

However, I happened to see this Canon EOS 1100D, which is on sale:

Could you advise the differences between the two? I'm an amateur, so I am not suitable for "pro camera". AT the same time, I want to have a DSLR-like camera. Also, I want to have an excellent camera for night shot.

Which should I choose?

Thank you

Hi Mike ,

sorry for the delayed response , while you decide between two let me teel if you want a simple operations and good zoom and are budget restricted than choose a SX50 if you buy a 1100D than you need to understand few more photography techniques and also invest if need more zoom for your requirement , using a DSLR like a amateur camera is not advisable

Digital Photography

sanjay bajaj

I can answer questions relating to Digital Cameras, how to choose, whats right digital camera various usage of digital camera I would not be able to comment on the Photography software for editing

I have 7 years of experiance in the digital camera field

I am associated with Retail chain of stores IIIrdi

Local newspapers

I am a Bachelor of Fine arts

We are honored with the Wings of Glory award from Canon for being the best retail outlet in India

I have beenadvicing my sales clients from Microsoft, Sumtotal systems