Digital Photography/Digital camera with in 10000

Question
QUESTION: Hi Vipin,

I am planning to buy a digital camera. I am in confusion should i go with point and shoot or bridge camera. My usage will be normal day to day shooting and I make sure to go out for outing once in a month at that time i wish I had a good camera.

Please suggest me which one should i go with. I am also very much concerned about the size of the camera also. It should be handy with I can carry in my pocket. My budget is 10-15K.

Thanks in advance,
Sikinder

ANSWER: Hi Sikinder

Considering your requirement for the camera to be pocket able and handy, i would suggest you to look at point and shoot versions rather than bridge cameras.

I would suggest you to look at cameras with CMOS sensor technology that allow you to click exceptional photos in low light as well as high quality Full HD Videos. You could look at the following options:

1. Sony WX200 or WX300
2. Canon IXUS135 or IXUS255
3. Nikon S6500 or S9400

Out of the above, the best product would be the Sony WX200 or WX300, depending on your budget (WX300 is Rs.5000 more expensive) followed by the Canon & the Nikon. The Sony offers the best low light photographs & Handycam quality Full HD videos along with the provision for clicking photos during Video. It also has an amazing Sweep Panorama mode, that allows you to take huge wide angle shots and DSLR style background blurring. The WiFi feature allows you to use your (Android & Apple) smartphone as a remote control with the screen as the view finder.

Considering the features & quality, i would suggest you look at either of the Sony models. the Canon is a close second, the Nikon being a value for money with maximum zoom at the least price.

Please feel free to get in touch in case of any further queries.

Regards

Vipin

QUESTION: Thanks a lot Vipin,
One of my friend has suggested canon powershot sx500.
Just wanted to know your opnion on the same.

Thanks,
sikinder

ANSWER: Hey

The Canon SX 500 is a good model, but it is not as compact and pocket able as the models that i suggested. Also, it uses a CCD Sensor, which isn't as good in the low light and records HD video, as against the CMOS sensors with Full HD Video. In case you want an SLR look camera with some amount of manual settings, the SX500 would make sense. If your priority is a hassle free camera with good results, the Canon IXUS & Sony Cybershot would be a better bet.

I would suggest you to visit a store to get a feel of these cameras and see which one suits your need the best.

Regards
Vipin

QUESTION: Hello again,

Thank you Vipin.
One more last question, which camera do u suggest if i have to
go for bridge camera.( dslr feel).
Keeping in mind these things.
Budget below 15000
Dont know any thing about photography but want to use thiis
camera for graduating to dslr.
Should be usefull in outdoors with low light and blur free imagrs.

Thanks
sikinder

Answer
Hi Sikinder

The cameras with CMOS sensors would perform far better than CCD ones in low light. These are some of the models in the specified budget:

1. Canon SX500 (CCD Sensor, 16 Megapixel, 30x Zoom, HD Video, Lithium Battery)
2. Fujifilm S 6800 (CMOS Sensor, 16 Megapixel, 30x Zoom, Full HD Video, AA Battery)

Both of these models offer manual controls, but the Canon is much smaller than the Fujifilm model, which feels just like a proper DSLR. In my opinion, the Fujifilm model would be a better choice over the Canon as it uses a CMOS sensor and offers Full HD video while using a AA battery which allows you to use both Rechargeable and Use & throw batteries.

Regards

Vipin

Digital Photography

Vipin Joshi