Digital Photography/query

i have to buy a camera and budget is 15 thousand..Which would be the best deal... canon sx500 or sony DSC-H300..? Or should i look for other models..?

Hi Sachin

The Canon SX500 & Sony H300 are both very good models, but you could also look at the Fujifilm S6800.

Out of these 3 models, the Fujifilm offers the maximum amount of features at the best price. It has a CMOS Sensor, Full HD Video, an Electronic Viewfinder and full range of manual controls. The other 2 models use a CCD sensor and record HD Video only.

Considering the differences, i would suggest you to go for Fujifilm S6800, which is the best value for money product in this segment. In case you are more comfortable with the other 2 brands, the Sony would be a better choice if you prefer the convenience of AA batteries & a bigger and proper DSLR feel. The Canon is much smaller than the Sony & uses a Lithium battery.

In case of any further queries, please feel free to get in touch again.

Digital Photography

Vipin Joshi

I can answer all questions related to buying/choosing a Digital Camera, SLR Camera, Lenses etc. I will help you choose the best product with a holistic approach, keeping in mind your requirement and budget.

I own 4 Retail showrooms in NOIDA & Delhi, where we deal in Smart Phones, Digital Cameras, D-SLRs & accessories. We have been in the business for over 16 years now. I have gained my knowledge over a period of time by using and comparing the Cameras first hand and understanding the intricacies involved by testing them myself. I have been conducting personal training sessions for my DSLR customers and otherwise, at a cost. I have written an article in the newspaper on 'How to buy a Digital Camera' ( have been interviewed on a news channel (

JOSHI SONS 232, IInd Floor, The Great India Place, Sector-38-A, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312711, 09811900477 F-8, Ist Floor, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811900400 G-32, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811520880 183, New Lajpat Rai Market, Delhi-110006 Ph: 011 23269866, 9811900477

Dainik Jagran, City Plus (October 15 - October 21, 2011). Posted on Video of my GIP showroom coverage with my expert comments on How to choose the right camera (

I completed my schooling from Delhi Public School (NOIDA), Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from Delhi University and PGDBA (MBA) from Symbiosis, Pune.

Canon Privileged Partner SONY Alpha Flagship Store Exclusive Nikon Showroom Nikon DSLR Zone Olympus Zone Fujifilm Priority Partner

NTPC, ONGC, Indian Oil Corporation, Meinhardt Singapore Pte Ltd, Indian Army, Precision Pipes (PPAP), Russian Embassy, NDTV, Zee News, HCL,, Technip, NDTV, AAj Tak and several others.