Digital Photography/Selection of medium size very good digital camera

Photography is my hobby. I have used Canon 500D, 7D, Nikon D90, 300s, 7000 and 7100.I had gone through some very excellent reviews regarding Nikon D7100, but, after using it for about 15 days, I found nothing excellent in this camera over Nikon D7000. This camera has 51 focus points, but, the autofocus of this camera is not very accurate.
Recently, I bought Sony A77. I like Sony A77 too much. To my mind the above cameras of Canon and Nikon are nowhere as compared to Sony A77. In auto mode, the amount of flash is very optimum, colour tone is the best and natural, focus is very fast and very accurate.

Now, I want to purchase a very good medium size digital camera. I want your views about Fujifilm x100S, XE1 and recently introduced XE2, Olympus OMD EM1, Sony A7 and A7R. After going through various reviews, I understand that Fujifilm cameras have better colour tone as well as better overall picture quality, but, suffer from poor autofocus. Ofcourse, the company is claiming best auto focus speed for its newly introduced XE2.
Olympus OMD EM1 has five axis image stabilization, very fast and accurate autofocus, but, consisting of a micro four third sensor its low light capability is not very good. As per some reviews, it is at par of some full frame cameras.
Recently, Sony has introduced two medium size full frame cameras Alpha 7 and Alpha 7R. As per reviews both the cameras are excellent and image quality is better than Nikon 800e and other equivalent full frame cameras. The dynamic range and detailing of images are excellent but, their AF speed is not very good. A7 has hybrid AF system consisting of phase detection as well as contrast detection AF, whereas, A7R has only contrast detection AF. So, as per reviews, A7 has better AF as compared to A7R, still, far behind the Olympus OMD EM1.
In view of above my choice would be Sony A7, but, as its AF speed is not very good, I am slightly reluctant. My second choice is Olympus OMD EM1, as it has amazingly fast AF and five axis image stabilization. But having a micro four third sensor, its low light capability is not desirable.
I would be obliged if could help me to select a very good medium size digital camera.

ANSWER: Sir to clear the confusion my only choice is Olympus EMD 1, rest please take a call based on your expertise also

QUESTION: Thank you so much, sir. Kindly let me know whether you have actually tested OMD EM1 and Sony A7. Inspite of fast and accurate auto focus, 5 axis image stabilization whether its image quality is comparable to entry level full frame sensor cameras.

I would be thankful if you could kindly advise me based on your in depth testing of above cameras.

Hi Abhishek, I appreciate your concern and questions are welcome my Opinion Olympus OM DE M1 is ideal choice , reason is as below

The biggest technological step forward on the E-M1 is the addition of on-sensor phase detection elements, giving the camera two distinct focus modes. The phase-detection system is used when lenses from the original Four Thirds system, which were designed for use that way, are attached. With native, Micro Four Thirds lenses, the camera will mainly stick with the contrast detection system that has proved so fast and accurate on the E-M5. Only if you use tracking AF will the camera utilize phase-detection information with a Micro Four Thirds lens.

16MP MOS Four Thirds format sensor with no low-pass filter
   On-sensor phase detection elements
   Twin control dials (front and rear) with '2x2' dual-mode option
   '5-axis' image stabilization with automatic panning detection ('S-IS Auto')
   ISO 'LOW' (100 equiv) - ISO 25,600 : this is a best feature I choose this camera
   Up to 10fps continuous shooting (6.5 fps shooting with continuous AF)
   1.04M-dot 3" LCD touchscreen display - tilts 80 upwards and 50 downwards
   Electronic viewfinder: 2.36M-dot LCD, 0.74x magnification (equiv.), eye sensor
   Built-in Wi-Fi for remote shooting and image transfer to smartphone or tablet
   Dust, splash and freeze-proof (to -10 C)
As usual, Olympus has created some new features to add, including the Color Creator tool and in-camera HDR, but it's the more fundamental changes that make all the difference. The larger body gives the E-M1 a little more room to add controls, and the 2x2 control system gives access to almost every key setting while the camera is up to your eye, in a way that you tend to find only on the best DSLRs.

The high resolution viewfinder is also very good - giving a very DSLR-like view of the world. The large size and fast refresh rate make it rather pleasant to use and this, combined with the at-my-fingertips controls meant that we found ourselves using the viewfinder in preference to the rear screen, both for previewing shots and for changing settings.

Our first impressions of the focus performance were pretty positive, and they hold true after weeks of use - continuous AF seems much improved (if not quite at Pro DSLR level), and its handling of Four Thirds lenses should be good enough to save them from collecting dust as relics of the development of DSLR technology. And, of course, single AF acquisition with Micro Four Thirds lenses is still stunningly fast.

The E-M1 provides the excellent image quality that you'd expect from a camera of its semi-pro level. Its Four Thirds sensor is smaller than the APS-C imagers of its Nikon D7100 and Canon EOS 70D peers, but we think the difference it makes in real world shooting is hard to spot. You need to put the E-M1 up against a full frame camera to really see a significant difference in image quality. And thankfully, the image shake issue that has plagued some Olympus cameras does not appear to be a problem in the E-M1 as compared to the E-P5.

The camera offers a number of nice-to-have video recording features included like reliable image stabilization for movies, option for external microphone and some fun video effect modes. However, anyone serious about videography will likely be disappointed by poor detail resolution in video mode. Olympus engineers have clearly paid attention to video features, but haven't managed to provide a high enough quality video mode to satisfy those who would most want to use them.

if you want to feel like you're shooting with a DSLR, but still want the size and agility of a mirrorless camera, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better option than the E-M1.

Hope I have made myself clear

Thank You
sanjay bajaj

Digital Photography

sanjay bajaj

I can answer questions relating to Digital Cameras, how to choose, whats right digital camera various usage of digital camera I would not be able to comment on the Photography software for editing

I have 7 years of experiance in the digital camera field

I am associated with Retail chain of stores IIIrdi

Local newspapers

I am a Bachelor of Fine arts

We are honored with the Wings of Glory award from Canon for being the best retail outlet in India

I have beenadvicing my sales clients from Microsoft, Sumtotal systems