Digital Photography/image stablization

Pics I am clicking from my HX200V at 30x(mode P) are not stablised and blurred. But at your showroom, pictures you clicked were stablised. Am I missing some settings which needs to be done during high zoom.

ANSWER: Hi Arjun

While using the 'P' mode, there are variety of combinations & settings possible, which could be causing the blur. The HX200v works great even at 60x so it could be some setting issue itself.

You should visit the showroom to clear your doubts & understand your product even better. In case of any problem, feel free to get in touch.

Thanks for reply.

I could figure out problem of blur. I have set ISO 100 instead of AUTO.
But i wonder why this was causing blur?

Thanks and Regards,

Hey Arjun

ISO basically controls the sensitivity if the sensor, ie, how sensitive is the sensor to light. The lower the ISO value, the lesser sensitive it is and vice versa.

In the 'P' mode the camera decides all the setting and user can change in the ISO. Keeping the ISO at ISO 100 would make it hardly sensitive to light, forcing the camera to set a slow shutter speed, thus the blur. Increasing the ISO step by step would help you ascertain the lowest ISO without causing blur. Using the 'M' mode would give you a better idea of this, as all the three inputs of exposure (Shutter, Aperture & ISO) need to be provided by the user.

In case you want any further clarifications, please feel free to ask.

Digital Photography

Vipin Joshi

I can answer all questions related to buying/choosing a Digital Camera, SLR Camera, Lenses etc. I will help you choose the best product with a holistic approach, keeping in mind your requirement and budget.

I own 4 Retail showrooms in NOIDA & Delhi, where we deal in Smart Phones, Digital Cameras, D-SLRs & accessories. We have been in the business for over 16 years now. I have gained my knowledge over a period of time by using and comparing the Cameras first hand and understanding the intricacies involved by testing them myself. I have been conducting personal training sessions for my DSLR customers and otherwise, at a cost. I have written an article in the newspaper on 'How to buy a Digital Camera' ( have been interviewed on a news channel (

JOSHI SONS 232, IInd Floor, The Great India Place, Sector-38-A, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312711, 09811900477 F-8, Ist Floor, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811900400 G-32, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811520880 183, New Lajpat Rai Market, Delhi-110006 Ph: 011 23269866, 9811900477

Dainik Jagran, City Plus (October 15 - October 21, 2011). Posted on Video of my GIP showroom coverage with my expert comments on How to choose the right camera (

I completed my schooling from Delhi Public School (NOIDA), Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from Delhi University and PGDBA (MBA) from Symbiosis, Pune.

Canon Privileged Partner SONY Alpha Flagship Store Exclusive Nikon Showroom Nikon DSLR Zone Olympus Zone Fujifilm Priority Partner

NTPC, ONGC, Indian Oil Corporation, Meinhardt Singapore Pte Ltd, Indian Army, Precision Pipes (PPAP), Russian Embassy, NDTV, Zee News, HCL,, Technip, NDTV, AAj Tak and several others.