Digital Photography/memory card

QUESTION: Dear expert,
         Could you recommend a good memory card for a Canon eos T3i slr camera ?.I will be using it mostly for taking photos but maybe do a little video as well

ANSWER: Hey Thomas

Congratulations on your new purchase.

I would suggest you to go for a Sandisk Extreme Pro series of memory cards. They support the fastest read/write speed, allowing you to take longer duration Full HD videos, without break. It will also lower the chances of your precious photos from getting corrupt in the memory card.

You also get a data recovery software free with the same, allowing you to recover accidentally deleted/formatted data. In case you want similar features, with slightly lesser performance (which will still be good enough for your camera), the Sony  UHS-I card is the next best option.

Please feel free to get in touch for any further queries.

QUESTION: Thank you for your reply.
I already have a Transcend 16GB Class 10 SDHC.
Should I replace it with  the Sandisk extreme pro? And what size should I go for?

If you are able to record at least 2-3 minutes of video without stoppage, the card is good enough for you. The Extreme Pro is superior to a standard Transcend SD Class 10 card, but the Transcend is good enough for T3i.

16 GB is a good enough capacity, something that will be good enough for decent number of photos and good amount of videos.

Please feel free to clarify any more doubts.

Digital Photography

Vipin Joshi

I can answer all questions related to buying/choosing a Digital Camera, SLR Camera, Lenses etc. I will help you choose the best product with a holistic approach, keeping in mind your requirement and budget.

I own 4 Retail showrooms in NOIDA & Delhi, where we deal in Smart Phones, Digital Cameras, D-SLRs & accessories. We have been in the business for over 16 years now. I have gained my knowledge over a period of time by using and comparing the Cameras first hand and understanding the intricacies involved by testing them myself. I have been conducting personal training sessions for my DSLR customers and otherwise, at a cost. I have written an article in the newspaper on 'How to buy a Digital Camera' ( have been interviewed on a news channel (

JOSHI SONS 232, IInd Floor, The Great India Place, Sector-38-A, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312711, 09811900477 F-8, Ist Floor, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811900400 G-32, Savitri Market, Sector-18, NOIDA Ph: 0120 4312700, 09811520880 183, New Lajpat Rai Market, Delhi-110006 Ph: 011 23269866, 9811900477

Dainik Jagran, City Plus (October 15 - October 21, 2011). Posted on Video of my GIP showroom coverage with my expert comments on How to choose the right camera (

I completed my schooling from Delhi Public School (NOIDA), Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from Delhi University and PGDBA (MBA) from Symbiosis, Pune.

Canon Privileged Partner SONY Alpha Flagship Store Exclusive Nikon Showroom Nikon DSLR Zone Olympus Zone Fujifilm Priority Partner

NTPC, ONGC, Indian Oil Corporation, Meinhardt Singapore Pte Ltd, Indian Army, Precision Pipes (PPAP), Russian Embassy, NDTV, Zee News, HCL,, Technip, NDTV, AAj Tak and several others.