Disney/Non-cruise sanctioned activities

Are there other options than the disney sanctioned cruise activities in port, or are we limited to activities listed on the Disney site?

Not sure which Disney itinerary you are taking, but there are other options in every port except, castaway cay. The problem is trying to find a reputable operator. You can find a lot of recommendations on sites such as trip advisor and cruise critic. One major problem with non sanctioned Shore excursions is that if for some reason your private excursion runs late, the ship will usually not wait for you to return and you will need to catch up with the so on your own.
The good thing about private excursions is that they will save you money in most cases and you will usually have a more intimate excursion as it will not be with dozens of other people from the cruise ship.

The are always lots of locals at each port when you depart the ship trying to sell you excursions, some might be reputable but you have no way of knowing if you might get ripped off.

Michael Corbo

stateroom layouts, activities, ports of call, amenities on board, restaurants. Food reviews, dining and spa reservations, shore excursions, non cruise sanctioned activities in port, entertainment, Kids Clubs and activities.

I have cruised on the inaugural voyage of the Magic in August of 1998, have done extensive research in the ship,it's twin the Wonder and the new Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. I have access to lots of pre planning information. Also knowledgeable on available cruise discounts.

Graduate of the Disney College of Knowledge