Disneyland/January 9th-16th

Hi Steve, just wondering what you think crowd levels will be like for January 9th through the 16th. Also, we are staying at the Grand Californian and I saw something about an exclusive build a bear session for hotel guests. Do you have any info on what this is and cost? Thank you so much for any help you can provide:)

Hi Lori,

Anticipated crowds will be pretty high (7-8 out of 10) January 9-13. However, the crowds will drop off considerably after the 13th, as the holidays officially end at Disneyland. Crowd levels will be around 2 or 3. However, all the decorations will be gone, including the giant tree (which is removed by crane and disassembled backstage), and all the holiday decorations on Main Street.

The exclusive Build a Bear session is for guests of the Disney Villas, the new addition to the Hotel for Disney Vacation Club members. I believe non-mambers can stay for a higher fee. The session itself doesn't cost anything extra, it's just a special time set aside for Disney Villa guests. You will, however, have to pay the cost of the bear, which varies depending on the accessories and type of stuffed animal you choose. The last time we did the BaB, it was around $35 or so.

Have fun!

Steve DizKahuna

I can answer questions about Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, restaurants and hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and local information (I`m also an expert in the California Category). I am also knowlegeable in Disneyland history and upcoming events. If you are coming to DLR with your family, I can give you some insight, since I have kids aged 6-23. If you have an attendance question, remember that predicting attendance is very tricky business, and I can only make my best guess based on past patterns. Hope to see you there!

My family and I are annual passholders at the Disneyland Resort, and we go there about once per week. We, have eaten at every restaurant (even a few that are no longer open), and stayed at the hotels of the resort (even though we live 10 miles away). My wife and I have each been going to Disneyland since 1965.