Disneyland/January 9th-16th

Question
Hi Steve, just wondering what you think crowd levels will be like for January 9th through the 16th. Also, we are staying at the Grand Californian and I saw something about an exclusive build a bear session for hotel guests. Do you have any info on what this is and cost? Thank you so much for any help you can provide:)

Answer
Hi Lori,

Anticipated crowds will be pretty high (7-8 out of 10) January 9-13. However, the crowds will drop off considerably after the 13th, as the holidays officially end at Disneyland. Crowd levels will be around 2 or 3. However, all the decorations will be gone, including the giant tree (which is removed by crane and disassembled backstage), and all the holiday decorations on Main Street.

The exclusive Build a Bear session is for guests of the Disney Villas, the new addition to the Hotel for Disney Vacation Club members. I believe non-mambers can stay for a higher fee. The session itself doesn't cost anything extra, it's just a special time set aside for Disney Villa guests. You will, however, have to pay the cost of the bear, which varies depending on the accessories and type of stuffed animal you choose. The last time we did the BaB, it was around $35 or so.

Have fun!

Disneyland

Steve DizKahuna