Disneyland/New Year's Day at California Adventure

Question
Happy New Year Martin!  We are planning on taking our 3 kids (2 7 yr old boys and a 9 yr old girl) and a friend from London to Cal. Adventure on New Year's Day.  (Only day we can go!)  I am wondering just how bad the crowds will be and if you have any general advice for us to make the most out of our day?  We really want to see Cars Land and the new Little Mermaid ride.  Thank you for taking the time to help us!
Blessings,
Kristin

Answer
Kristin,

Plan on a big crowd, as past years have shown an increase in population and crowds the last few years.

Get there early and go to Cars Land first, as that area of the park becomes extremely busy after park opening.

I hope this has helped.

-Martin Hoover

Disneyland

Martin Hoover