Disneyland/Ariels Grotto Renovation??

Question
Hi Danny,
I was looking online and found a website that said Ariel Grotto/The Cove would be under renovation from April 9, 2012 to May 30, 2012? Is this correct? We want to do a World of Color dinner package in May so what happens if it is down? Please help and Thank You!!

Answer
Hello Tyler!
I have good news, and I have bad news about your question. Let's begin with the bad news - yes, unfortunatley Ariels Grotto and The Cove will be under refurbishment in April/May. The good news is, it is only for a week! The information you received is completely false. Ariel's Grotto/The Cove will be under refurbishment from April 30, 2012 thru May 3, 2012 (four days, Monday - Thursday - they are trying to avoid the busy weekend). I have contacted Disney Dining two different times and I have spoken with two different Cast Members. They both stated that it will only be April 30 - May 3; however, if the construction some how does not go according to plan, they may extend the renovation schedule through Friday and maybe Saturday if required (I doubt they will need an extention though, I would expect them to be finished by May 3, according to plan). If you plan to do your World of Color dinner package during those days, it will still be available at Wine Country. Just call (714) 781 - 3463 up to 2 months in advance. I hope you have a magical time at the place where memories are made, and dreams come true(:

Danny

Disneyland

Danny