Disneyland/april 14 - 20

Question
am planning a trip april 14 - 20 to disneyland. a 3 day hopper.  i have been going to disneyland for years...many moons!!!! have been noticing the increase of the crowd.  times i used to go before are now crowded.  would you suggest this is a good time to go or should i plan for later in april or early may? i know easter is early this year and i have kept in mind the spring break for schools.  any suggestion would be appreciated!

Answer
Hi Leslie,

You can thank Disney marketing for doing such a good job of marketing the resort. The "free on your birthday" was such a good deal that Disney got about a million passholders, since you could apply the amount of your free ticket towards your annual pass. Then they came out with the Halloweentime promo, which really increased attendance in the fall (a real dead time before this). Even though they recently jacked up the prices of AP's, they added benefits to try to keep passholders coming into the parks.

I noted that this year, we don't seem to be getting a "2=fer" deal. I have always said that these deals were to pump up attendance in the slower time between New Years and spring break, especially since DCA was under so much construction. Now that DCA is a full fledged park (and even passes attendance at Disneyland most days), there seems to be no need to put out a deal. People want to come to the park to check it out.

It looks like spring break season will be earlier this year, so that the 14-20 should have only moderate attendance. According to forecasts, attendance should peak on the weekends, around 7 or 8 out of 10. Midweek should be considerably lower, around 4 or 5. I would also note that the week after, it looks like crowds will be up for some reason. Perhaps one state is off that week, with projected attendance around 7 or 8 all week.

In order to handle rumors and get advance info, I subcribe to a number of sites, such as mouseplanet.com and mousesavers. Keep a close eye on them to see park updates and get advance notice of happenings before they are announced to the public.

Have a great vacation!

Disneyland

Steve DizKahuna