Disneyland/January and April

Question
The last time we visited DL was January 9-11/12, and it was fantastic! Hardly any wait times and lots of room to walk around with our kids 6 & 2. After DL we headed out on a Disney Cruise and it was our best memory ever. This year we are heading back to DL with family, when they could make it, April 2 - 4th. I am worried that it is going to be so busy that it will ruin our awesome memory from the time before? Is it possible for that to happen? Is it really that packed in comparison?

Also what can you tell me about the Paradise Peir Conceriage Level Rooms? We have stayed there before in a park view room but not with conceriage level? Any info for us? Thanks so much!

Answer
Hi Jessica,

The time you went is a post-holiday period, and that's about as un-crowded as it gets. April 2-4 is right in the middle of spring break, one of the most crowded times of the year. Crowd levels are 8-10 (out of 10) every day. This year, spring break season runs March 9-April 14. Will it ruin your memory from before? Possibly. You'll need to bring your patience, and attack the parks early and late, then going back to the hotel during the middle of the day for a break. But yes, it's really packed.

All of the Disney Hotels have a Concierge level. The concierge level is full of great perks, access to snacks, lounges, and you are encouraged to ask the staff to do little things to make the trip "Magical". It's great stuff, especially if you don't get to visit often. If I lived in Canada, for example, I might take advantage of it. But since I live 8 miles away as the pixie flies, I find it a bit overindulgent for my own personal tastes. We do stay at the Disney Hotels once in a great while for special occasions, but the concierge level is a bit over the top for us. But if it interests you and you want a bit of extra magic, then go for it.

Have fun!

Disneyland

Steve DizKahuna