Disneyland/Visiting Disneyland in April 2014

QUESTION: Hello... I'm planning a family vacation the week immediately after Easter 2014 (Apr 21st - 26th) to Disneyland. I'm aware that Easter Sunday will be the 20th. Most of the reading I have done is that most CA schools will be back around the 22nd or 23rd, my bet is trying to avoid big crowds and hit the park around 23-25. What can you share about your experience in this scenario? Appreciate the help!

ANSWER: Hi Roman,

That's a great plan... if you want to visit during the biggest crowds of the spring. The weeks before and after Easter, the park reaches maximum capacity. Crowd levels are 10 out of 10 all week.

California schools do not all have the same break time for Spring. Some have off the week before, some have the week after. Others have a different week. has a calendar which shows crowd levels. Definitely worth the few bucks it costs for an annual subscription.

Have fun!

QUESTION: Thank you for the quick response! Sorry to ask again, and what about the week of Apr 28th - May 2nd (that would be 2 weeks after Easter)? I might be able to stretch the dates to be those days in CA, and May 1st is a holiday for us (live in MX). So it could be another possibility for my family and I. I'm looking at the "Is It Packed" page and shows that week as a ghost town. Thanks again!!!

Hi Roman,

I'm not a huge fan of I don't know where they get their data, but the site I use actually gets Disneyland attendance numbers, and they have a full time staff. The week after Easter should be "Forget about it". The week of April 26 is "ghost town" for the first four days (2, 2, 2, and 3 out of 10), with Friday being busy (7/10). Weather is usually nice then, so have a great time!  

Steve DizKahuna

I can answer questions about Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, restaurants and hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and local information (I`m also an expert in the California Category). I am also knowlegeable in Disneyland history and upcoming events. If you are coming to DLR with your family, I can give you some insight, since I have kids aged 6-23. If you have an attendance question, remember that predicting attendance is very tricky business, and I can only make my best guess based on past patterns. Hope to see you there!

My family and I are annual passholders at the Disneyland Resort, and we go there about once per week. We, have eaten at every restaurant (even a few that are no longer open), and stayed at the hotels of the resort (even though we live 10 miles away). My wife and I have each been going to Disneyland since 1965.