Disneyland/World of Color and Crowds

I have never seen or experienced World of Color and I'm very excited to see it but I don't know what to do. I understand you need a fastpass? Could you give me all your tips on World of Color? Best viewing areas? Fastpasses? Etc. I'm going during april 13-20th and how do you think the crowds will be? This kindof ties together with WOC because I'm Worried about trying to get a fastpass and dealing with crowds if there is any? Any info will help.

Thank You!

ANSWER: Hello Lori!
Let me begin by saying World of Color is, in my opinion, the most beautiful show Disney has ever created! Yes you do need fastpasses to get into a colored viewing area in Paradise Park (the area in front of Mickey's fun wheel and California Screamin'). You can view the show from the boardwalk without a fastpass. The colored viewing areas are divided into three colors (blue, red and yellow). To get a fastpass, go to the Grizzly River Rapids fastpass distribution area (during the morning, they distribute fastpasses for World of Color). These fastpasses can go fast, so get there before noon. Also, make sure EVERYONE in your party is present when you get the fastpasses or else you all might get different colored areas. If you feel lost, there are signs posted that leads you to the distibution area when you enter the park. Once you get the fastpasses, hold tight to them. It will give you a colored section, and a time to return. Arrive forty five minutes prior to that time to line up at the entrance. There are poles that light up the color of the viewing area, so go to the pole that has the same color as on your ticket (poles will light up blue for the blue colored section, etc.) I can't tell you where the sections are, because they change every so often. To get the best view possible, get a spot against the rail.The lower deck is known as the splash zone, anyone down there WILL get wet. Try to aim for the third tier or second. Try your hardest not to leave the viewing area once you are in. As for crowds, expect it to be busy. Around an 8 on a scale from 1 - 10. If you have any more questions, or need clarification or elaboration, please feel free to ask a follow up! I hope you have a wonderful time at the place where memories are made, and dreams come true!

QUESTION: Thank you for the info! I now know what to plan for. Hopefully the crowds won't be too bad because I'm going mid week Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday . Doesn't spring break end? I didn't think it was going to be that busy?

ANSWER: Sprink Break for a lot of California is mid-April. When I said the crowd level would be an 8, I was reffering to the entire Disneyland Resort (both parks). As for DCA crowds, expect around 6. Because it is mid-week, it will definatley be lighter then on a weekend. But keep in mind there are a lot of park-hopping families that line up at Disney California Adventure gates thirty minutes prior to park opening just to be the first ones to score a World of Color fastpass. Once they obtain their passes, they will head on over to Disneyland until about an hour til the show starts. You'll see a heavy crowd come in around two hours prior to the show. We call this the "color crowd". But still, you should have no problems getting a good view as long as you line up in your color line about 45 minutes early. Don't stress! You will have an amazing time and have a load of fun! (Helpful tip: sometimes when guests go to line up at their color line early, cast members will try to turn them away, saying it is too early to line up. Be sure to stay close to the area if that happens. Do not wander too far or else you will be stuck at the end of the line when they do allow lineups). Anymore questions, please feel free to ask!

QUESTION: Ok last one haha. And tips for Cars land? I hear its SUPER busy all the time. I also am looking forward to riding Radiator Springs Racers for the first time.

Thanks so much!

My tip is as soon as you get your WoC fastpasses first thing in the morning, head right on over to Radiator Springs Racers. The wait can get over 130 minutes. If the wait is over 40 minutes in the morning, try getting a fastpass for the ride (the WoC fastpass does not affect ride fastpasses). If fastpasses are not available, get in line, because that will probably be the shortest wait all day. Hope this helps!

Hello, Disneygoers! I'm Danny, and I'm here to help make your Disney vacation as magical as it can possibly be! I know very much about the Disneyland Resort, which includes Downtown Disney, Disneyland Park, and Disney California Adventure. I can answer questions about rides, shows, parades,and anything else DLR has to offer. I am always happy to offer my knowledge, as well as easy park tips and tricks! Every question is an important one, and if you want a detailed, well explained answer then i am your guy! Need more info? Ask as many follow-up questions as you want!

Disney fanatic that frequents Disneyland Resort. I have been on all rides, seen all shows, and know a lot about Disneyland Resort Hotels, including Disney Good Neighbor Hotels.

Currently a University Junior, and have taken many workshops/courses revolving around Disneyland and The Walt Disney Company