Disneyland/disneyland crowded on May 9-12?

How crowded will Disneyland be on May 9-12?  We're planning to be in Anaheim from May 9-12.  We're going to Disneyland on Thursday, May 9th, but not sure which 2 other days to go.  Any suggestions?  Noticed Grad nites are on May 9, 10,11.  Would that have any effect on the crowds for those days?  Any suggestions would help.  Thanks.

Hi Debbie,

Sundays are actually more crowded than Saturdays, so you should go the 9-10-11. Thursday will be the least crowded by far. Spring weekends can get pretty crowded in the resort, and you can expect crowd levels of 7 or 8 out of 10. Thursday will be down around 3 or 4 out of 10.

Arrive early, before park opening, so that you can ride Radiator Springs Racers in DCA. Also note that DCA will close early on 5/9 due to Grad Night. Since Grad Night is an after hours event, it does not directly affect crowds very much. Some grads, as well as some middle schools, come during the day. But the effect is minimal.

Have fun!

Steve DizKahuna

I can answer questions about Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, restaurants and hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and local information (I`m also an expert in the California Category). I am also knowlegeable in Disneyland history and upcoming events. If you are coming to DLR with your family, I can give you some insight, since I have kids aged 6-23. If you have an attendance question, remember that predicting attendance is very tricky business, and I can only make my best guess based on past patterns. Hope to see you there!

My family and I are annual passholders at the Disneyland Resort, and we go there about once per week. We, have eaten at every restaurant (even a few that are no longer open), and stayed at the hotels of the resort (even though we live 10 miles away). My wife and I have each been going to Disneyland since 1965.