Disneyland/Christmas

Question
We would like to visit DL this year to see the Christmas decorations.  We are thinking either the first or second week of Dec. -- Monday thru Thurs.  Is that a good time or do you have suggestions for a better week?  Are most of the rides open that time of year?  Weather?

Thanks for any advice you can give us!

Answer
Hi George,

The first week of December would be better, although neither week should have significant crowds. Dec 2-5 has a projected crowd average of 1.0 out of 10. That's about as low as it gets. Dec 9-12 has a projected crowd average of 2.5 out of 10, which is still pretty much walking on all the rides (except maybe Radiator Springs Racers).

Just about all the rides are open, and two will have their Christmas themes: It's a Small World and the Haunted Mansion. Thunder Mountain will have recently opened, so it may have long lines if it has a significant upgrade. At this time, I do not have any information on closures. Mouseplanet.com has a weekly report, and is the first place to report any closures.

Weather is the coolest of the year, but certainly not the cold of Utah. Average highs are around 55 to 60, lows in the 40's. We don't get snow here, ever, and I've been told winter in SoCal is like spring everywhere else. I don't mind winters here at all. If it rains, it just means the lines are shorter.

Have fun!

Disneyland

Steve DizKahuna