Disneyland/Research questions

HI! My name is Paige Hastey and I'm from Palos Verdes (just outside of LA) and I am doing a report on the history of Disneyland. I was hoping you could take a few moments of your time to answer a few questions of mine:

1. How did Walt Disney fund the creation of Disneyland?
2. How did the idea of Disneyland come to be?
3. Why was Disneyland created?
4. How did Disneyland get its nick name "The Magical Kingdom"?
5. How was Disneyland different from when it first opened versus now?

Thank you for taking your time to read over my questions.

Hello, and thanks for your questions! I'll answer them as best I can.

1. By the time Walt Disney founded Disneyland in 1955, Disney was already a thriving studio, so he was off to a good start. However, he also paired up with ABC to broadcast a show called Disneyland in exchange for their funding of the park. The show would eventually go in to become The Wonderful World of Disney. He also leased out the shops on Main Street, USA.

2. Walt Disney came up with the idea after visiting some amusement parks with his daughters. He decided that he wanted to build something similar on his studio lot in Burbank, but eventually decided to build something more fun and interactive.

3. As I heard it out most beautifully, Walt Disney built Disneyland "because he wanted one."

4. Disney used to use this nickname to refer to Disneyland, presumably to emphasize its attempt to foster the young imagination. Today, the nickname is used for Disney World in Florida.

5. As with any park, Disneyland has gone through many, many changes over the years, and continues to do so to to day. The park has expanded in size with the addition of Toontown, and perhaps more notably, Disneyland started as a pay-per-ride park, like a county fair. You would buy tickets and turn them in for different rides rather than the current system of one ticket, unlimited rides. Some of the ticket booths are still standing in the park, such as the mushroom in front of Alice in Wonderland.

I can answer many questions about the secrets of Disneyland. I can also answer almost anything about the show Fantasmic. I have eaten at Club 33, so I can answer questions about it. I have been to Disneyland many times, so feel free to ask me about lines, crowds, rides, and shows, although I have slightly less experience in those areas. If you ask me a question that I don't know the answer to, I'll try to find it.

As I have said, I have been to Disneyland many times. I began to look up the secrets of the park a few years ago, and now I have a wide range of knowledge. As for Fantasmic, I have just about memorized the script and timing, and I know a lot about the technical elements of the show as well.

I am a high school graduate.