Hi, I am planning a trip to Disneyland October 19, 20 and 21, but notice the hotels are pretty full.  Is this a bad time to visit, regarding crowd levels? I would hate to go during a busy time!! :)  Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Angela,

That's due to UEA:
Utah Education Association convention (UEA, a.k.a. "Utah Escapes to Anaheim") October 1617. Expect unusually large attendance levels October 1721 as Utah students and families take advantage of a 4-day weekend created by their school's participation in a state education convention. Not all Utah schools or teachers close for or attend UEA, but the impact on the Resort is usually noticeable enough to mention.

How much higher? For example, crowd levels in the parks are expected to be 6 our of 10 for October 16. For the following Thursday, the crowd level should be 1 our of 10. The crowd levels are noticeably higher, but not too packed except for Saturday, which is expected to be an 8... pretty high for October.

Steve DizKahuna

I can answer questions about Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, restaurants and hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and local information (I`m also an expert in the California Category). I am also knowlegeable in Disneyland history and upcoming events. If you are coming to DLR with your family, I can give you some insight, since I have kids aged 6-23. If you have an attendance question, remember that predicting attendance is very tricky business, and I can only make my best guess based on past patterns. Hope to see you there!

My family and I are annual passholders at the Disneyland Resort, and we go there about once per week. We, have eaten at every restaurant (even a few that are no longer open), and stayed at the hotels of the resort (even though we live 10 miles away). My wife and I have each been going to Disneyland since 1965.