Disneyland/Buying Tickets in Advance or At Park

Hi Steve! My 16 year old son and his friend want to go to Disneyland THIS Tuesday. I wanted to buy their park hopper tickets in advance but it says that's pre purchased tickets are not guaranteed on a given day. If they go to Disney (we are dropping them off) and simply use my credit card can they purchase tickets using my credit card? Or will they need my ID?
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi Annette,

It's best to used the pre-purchased tickets that you print at home. That line about tickets not guaranteed was written y the lawyers, in case the park is too crowded. For example, if you show up at noon and the park has already reached capacity.

If the boys show up with a credit card, YOU will be required to be present. They won't accept your ID. That's why it's simply best to pre-print the tickets and arrive early.

Steve DizKahuna

I can answer questions about Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, restaurants and hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and local information (I`m also an expert in the California Category). I am also knowlegeable in Disneyland history and upcoming events. If you are coming to DLR with your family, I can give you some insight, since I have kids aged 6-23. If you have an attendance question, remember that predicting attendance is very tricky business, and I can only make my best guess based on past patterns. Hope to see you there!

My family and I are annual passholders at the Disneyland Resort, and we go there about once per week. We, have eaten at every restaurant (even a few that are no longer open), and stayed at the hotels of the resort (even though we live 10 miles away). My wife and I have each been going to Disneyland since 1965.