Disneyland/Disneyland in October

Do you know if Disneyland will still be celebrating the 60th Anniversary in October? I assume they will still be decorating for Halloween correct?

Hi Helen,

Sorry for the delay, you caught me at the end of my wife's school year, and recovering from the 60th anniversary kickoff 24 hour party.

Disneyland will DEFINITELY be celebrating the 60th anniversary in October. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee the celebration to continue into October 2016. For the 50th anniversary, the celebration continued from May 2005 to December 2006. All my contacts are indicating another 18-month celebration.

In fact, we are seeing a steady parade of 60th merchandise come out, in addition to the merchandise already put forth. I don't know if my bank account can handle all the pressure.

Everything I've seen points to Halloween decorations as scheduled. What was once a dead season (we've had our passes since 2003) is now a rather busy season. Weekends in September and October are now pretty packed with guests coming out to see the decorations in the fall. And the villains in Disney Marketing also came out with the seasonal foods to drive up attendance.

Are you coming out for UEA? Over here, we call it "Utah Escapes to Anaheim". And keep in mind that the first weekend in October is the unoffical "Gay Days". Disneyland gets extra crowds on Saturday, and DCA gets extra crowds on Sunday that weekend.

Have fun!  

Steve DizKahuna

I can answer questions about Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, restaurants and hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and local information (I`m also an expert in the California Category). I am also knowlegeable in Disneyland history and upcoming events. If you are coming to DLR with your family, I can give you some insight, since I have kids aged 6-23. If you have an attendance question, remember that predicting attendance is very tricky business, and I can only make my best guess based on past patterns. Hope to see you there!

My family and I are annual passholders at the Disneyland Resort, and we go there about once per week. We, have eaten at every restaurant (even a few that are no longer open), and stayed at the hotels of the resort (even though we live 10 miles away). My wife and I have each been going to Disneyland since 1965.