Disneyland/DL Labor Day Weekend 2015

Hi, Steve. We were not playing to visit DL in 2015, but have decided that we simply must go for the 60th Anniversary. However, the only time that works with school and work schedules is Labor Day weekend (Sat and Sun). We normally go to DL in October when its cooled off and the crowds aren't bad. What can we expect weather and crowd-wise, especially with the Marathon the same weekend?

I greatly appreciate your help! Thanks

Hi Erin,

Sorry for the delayed response, we were awfully busy around the house.

It's a little bit of good news/bad news. August and September are our hottest months, and Labor Day falls right in the middle. I wish I could give you a forecast, but it's too soon. Google "ABC 7 weather" for a forecast around 7 days out. Last weekend it was 103, this weekend it's around 85, and next weekend, it's supposed to be around 95.

The half-marathon on Sunday, and the 10K on Saturday, add a few bodies to what would otherwise be an empty park. This has certainly changed over the years. When we first got our passes in 2003, Labor Day was pretty busy, a sort of "last hurrah" before school started. However, we have watched many school districts, especially LA Unified, start earlier. My daughter has been in school for 2 weeks now, and she's out by Memorial Day. By 2006, we noticed that Labor Day weekend was VERY quiet around the resort, especially in California Adventure. I checked the crowd forecast, and the crowd level for Saturday is 3 out of 10 (10 being jam-packed), and 4 out of 10 for Sunday. It's because they block most annual passes on Saturday. My prediction is that you will have a couple of very warm days, but with light crowds. Freeze a couple of water bottles overnight, and that should help you keep cool.

Steve DizKahuna

I can answer questions about Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, restaurants and hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and local information (I`m also an expert in the California Category). I am also knowlegeable in Disneyland history and upcoming events. If you are coming to DLR with your family, I can give you some insight, since I have kids aged 6-23. If you have an attendance question, remember that predicting attendance is very tricky business, and I can only make my best guess based on past patterns. Hope to see you there!

My family and I are annual passholders at the Disneyland Resort, and we go there about once per week. We, have eaten at every restaurant (even a few that are no longer open), and stayed at the hotels of the resort (even though we live 10 miles away). My wife and I have each been going to Disneyland since 1965.