Hi Steve,
We're headed to DL and plan on going to the park October 26, 27 and 28. I'm not sure how the "Trick or Treat" days work. I know they close the park early for those with party tickets, but can we stay late in Disney California on that night?  And do they have fireworks each night or just on the Trick or Treat nights?

Any other info or ideas that might be helpful for us?

Hi Helen,

Mickey's Halloween Treat means that Disneyland will be closing at 7:00, unless you have a ticket for the event. So on the 27th, they will herd everyone out around 7:00 unless they have an event wristband. If you have a Park Hopper, you can go over to DCA at that time until closing.

They will have fireworks every night, following the Paint the Night parade. And frankly, these are not to be missed. I used to miss the Main Street Electrical Parade after it moved out of DCA. I saw it once last year in Florida, but I don't miss it at all now. The PTN parade is just that good.

If you're looking for a show on the 27, be sure to stop early into DCA and get a fast pass for viewing the World of Color show. The blue section is the best. Don't get too close, or you could get very wet.

Have a great time!

Steve DizKahuna

I can answer questions about Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, restaurants and hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and local information (I`m also an expert in the California Category). I am also knowlegeable in Disneyland history and upcoming events. If you are coming to DLR with your family, I can give you some insight, since I have kids aged 6-23. If you have an attendance question, remember that predicting attendance is very tricky business, and I can only make my best guess based on past patterns. Hope to see you there!

My family and I are annual passholders at the Disneyland Resort, and we go there about once per week. We, have eaten at every restaurant (even a few that are no longer open), and stayed at the hotels of the resort (even though we live 10 miles away). My wife and I have each been going to Disneyland since 1965.