Disneyland/Halloween at DL

Question
We are going to be in Disneyland Oct. 25-29. Are the "villan" disney characters only around during the Trick or Treat event, or all day? We aren't doing the Trick or Treat. Can the Halloween fireworks be seen outside the park?
Any other tips you'd like to give us for those days?
Thanks!

Answer
Hi Angel,

I was just cursing the name of the Marketing VP who came up with the whole Halloweentime event at Disneyland. I actually met her when I worked for the Mouse. Before that, this was the quietist time of year. You could walk on to every ride if you went on a weekday. Oh well, those times have passed into Yesterland.

To answer your question: Yes, the villains are out and about during main park hours. You can often see them in Town Square. Check with the Information Cast Member in the Hub (by Jolly Holiday) to check for schedules.

Tips: Wake up early, arrive early. If you get to the parking lot by 7:00, you can grab a quick bite at La Brea Bakery and get past the security check before the lines get too long. Then you can get into the park and maybe do a character greet before "rope drop".

Early is good, because you can easily do 4 rides the first hour. Grab a fast pass for Space Mountain/Ghost Galaxy, then head over to Haunted Mansion Holiday Edition. Those 2 rides have the biggest lines this season.

You can see SOME of the fireworks from the Esplanade between the parks. Heck, I can see them from my house 8 miles away (as the witch flies).

Make sit down reservations at Carnation Cafe and/or Cafe Orleans. You'll save time, recharge, and get free drink refills. Sit outside if the weather is nice (it usually is).

Pace yourself. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Have fun.

Disneyland

Steve DizKahuna