Disneyland/Halloween at DL

We are going to be in Disneyland Oct. 25-29. Are the "villan" disney characters only around during the Trick or Treat event, or all day? We aren't doing the Trick or Treat. Can the Halloween fireworks be seen outside the park?
Any other tips you'd like to give us for those days?

Hi Angel,

I was just cursing the name of the Marketing VP who came up with the whole Halloweentime event at Disneyland. I actually met her when I worked for the Mouse. Before that, this was the quietist time of year. You could walk on to every ride if you went on a weekday. Oh well, those times have passed into Yesterland.

To answer your question: Yes, the villains are out and about during main park hours. You can often see them in Town Square. Check with the Information Cast Member in the Hub (by Jolly Holiday) to check for schedules.

Tips: Wake up early, arrive early. If you get to the parking lot by 7:00, you can grab a quick bite at La Brea Bakery and get past the security check before the lines get too long. Then you can get into the park and maybe do a character greet before "rope drop".

Early is good, because you can easily do 4 rides the first hour. Grab a fast pass for Space Mountain/Ghost Galaxy, then head over to Haunted Mansion Holiday Edition. Those 2 rides have the biggest lines this season.

You can see SOME of the fireworks from the Esplanade between the parks. Heck, I can see them from my house 8 miles away (as the witch flies).

Make sit down reservations at Carnation Cafe and/or Cafe Orleans. You'll save time, recharge, and get free drink refills. Sit outside if the weather is nice (it usually is).

Pace yourself. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Have fun.

Steve DizKahuna

I can answer questions about Disneyland, California Adventure, Downtown Disney, restaurants and hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and local information (I`m also an expert in the California Category). I am also knowlegeable in Disneyland history and upcoming events. If you are coming to DLR with your family, I can give you some insight, since I have kids aged 6-23. If you have an attendance question, remember that predicting attendance is very tricky business, and I can only make my best guess based on past patterns. Hope to see you there!

My family and I are annual passholders at the Disneyland Resort, and we go there about once per week. We, have eaten at every restaurant (even a few that are no longer open), and stayed at the hotels of the resort (even though we live 10 miles away). My wife and I have each been going to Disneyland since 1965.