Distance Learning/distance b tech in civil is valuable or not?

sir, I am joyanta working as a site engineer in L&T construction posted in Mumbai. I have completed diploma in civil engineering.I want to complete bachelor degree in civil. I cant leave my job.please suggest me an option for that. I am thinking about doing b tech by IGNOU, whether it is a good option in my career

Civil engineering is the conventional branch of study in the engineering field. The working area of this field includes the jobs that start from the planning, analyzing, designing, supervision and construction etc.

Scope for higher studies after B.Tech in Civil Engineering

The various specializations in M.Tech Civil Engineering are

M.Tech. in Civil Engineering - Geotechnical Engineering
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering - Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering - Structural Engineering
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering - Transportation Engineering
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering - Building Technology and Construction Management
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering - Environmental Engineering

Other certification courses after B.Tech in Civil Engineering

Certificate Course in Building Design
Certificate Course in Construction Supervisor

They can also do modern software courses like-

Career scope after B.Tech in Civil Engineering

-Career opportunities for the B.Tech graduates in this particular branch of study at present are huge.
-Many job opportunities are there in the public as well as in the private sectors.
-Many international infrastructure companies are recruiting them for various constructional works.
-These professionals have also an option in the teaching field.
-They can easily get into in the government and private colleges as lecturers or professors or assistant professors.
-For the teaching field sometimes a post graduation in Civil engineering is required. These professionals can work in many research & development projects also.

B.Tech. Civil Engineering Job Types
Civil Engineer Foreman
Jr. Civil Engineer - Site Supervisor, Tore Assistant, Store Keeper
Civil Engineer - Transmission
Civil Engineer - Project Coordinator
Senior Design Engineer - Civil
Group General Manager - Civil
Technical Officer - Civil Engineering
You can very well proceed with your plans.

Distance Learning

I would be able to answer all questions relating to the new area in distance education the e-learning and e-teaching.Hope you would be happy to receive an answer from a Guinness World Record Holder in Teaching. Kindly visit me at:

I am a professor with 32+ years of experience having three records to my credit.One for continuous teaching for 61 hrs 35 mts and another one for teaching 1934 students online from 16 centers worldwide and another one for fastest animation in the world.

University Grants Commission,Government of India.Bharathiar University.Dr.R.V.Arts and Science College,Indian Institute of Research Management(IIRM).

National Record Holder in Teaching in India (Limca Book of Records). Guinness World Record Holder in Online Teaching. Guinness World Record Holder in Fastest Animation.