Divorce Issues/enforcement of final divorce decree

Question
AS THE RESPONDENT IN A DIVORCE, I WAS COURT ORDERED TO PAY CERTAIN FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS. THE PETITIONER DID NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION AS TO HOW OR WHERE I WAS TO PAY I.E.(ADDRESS, DEPOSIT INTO ACCOUNT, ETC..). THE PETITIONER AND HER LEGAL REPRESENTATION ARE FILING AN ENFORCEMENT ORDER FOR FINAL DIVORCE DECREE STATING I HAVE NOT HONORED THE FINACIAL ORDERS IN THE DECREE. I HAVE HAD NO CONTACT NOR HAVE I RECEIVED ANY ADDRESS FROM THE PETITIONER REGARDING WHERE TO PAY THESE PAYMENTS SHE IS TO RECEIVE IN 2 YEARS. CAN AN ENFORCEMENT ORDER BE PURSUED BY THE PETITIONER AGAINST ME?

Answer
Dear Bobby,
I am not an attorney and Texas is rather unique in it's family law.  If the financial obligations are specifically listed in the decree, you may be able to contact the institutions or agencies, themselves, to work out payment arrangements.  If an order has been decreed that has not been executed, I would guess an enforcement order can be filed,  so you might call the county clerk of the county in which your divorce was decreed and ask the proper protocol to comply with the order.  Specify that you are not seeking legal advice, simply asking about the legal procedure.  If it's something that you can track down outside of your ex and the court, such as child support enforcement, a bank payment, etc. then pursue that with the entity or agency itself.  If that isn't possible, you can send a letter or call and ask to speak with the judge who granted the divorce and explain that you have no idea where or how to send this payment.  You could also contact her legal representative before it's filed and ask where to send the payment.  You may be able to send it to the court, or inquire as to if a bank account can be established.  I suggest you become pro-active and establish a plan before it becomes court-ordered.
I wish you well.
Kind Regards,
KD Liz
www.thelandofgoshen.com  

Divorce Issues

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger