Divorce Issues/Am I divori


My husband relocated out of state call congragulating me of being a free women when I ask for my copy he said it was uncontested because he did not have an address on me, could this be true?

Dear Gail,
If he is the one who relocated, I'd have some serious doubts to the validity of his claim.  Even if you've moved since the two of you split up, your phone number is clearly available.  If he can reach you by phone, then he could have called for an address . . . If you know the state and county he is in, call the courthouse immediately and ask if a divorce is filed.  If so, I'm guessing it's not too late to contest it.  Especially under these circumstances . . .  
There is no reason, for him to claim he couldn't find you, if he could call you.
Contact the court house and ask.  It may take an attorney, but it may not.  
I wish you well.
Kind Regards,
KD Liz

Divorce Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger


I can answer general questions regarding separation, property, and some custody questions. I cannot answer legal questions or specific questions pertaining to individual states and counties. I can offer support through the pending time, as well as offering assistance and ideas as you move on as a single individual. I can tell you how to avoid repeat pitfalls and help you learn to leave old baggage out of new relationships. I can help you work through the contemplative time of "what if" and "if only." I am able to offer advice in dealing with unnecessary guilt, undeserved judgment, and share insight as to discerning between concerned friends, family and coworkers and nosey gossips.


I have been divorced more than once and am now married to my soulmate. We are living the exact life we both wanted to build 30 years ago, long before we ever met. Well actually it's better than I had dared hope.

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.