Divorce Issues/divorced


Hello my name is Gladys Ortiz, I had filed for divorce 23 years ago, my divorce was done from an ad in the newspaper, the attorney and I kept in communication through the phone, but I got divorced through the newspaper. How do I find out who the attorney was, since it had been 23 years ago. Help.

Hello Gladys.

If you no longer have the dissolution papers or any mail from the attorney, the county records will be your best bet.  Dissolution / divorce papers are filed in the county of the spouse, the Plaintiff, lives. So, if you have moved, you will need to contact the count you resided in at the time of the divorce filing. The attorney's name, address and phone number are required parts of information as they are the contact for the Court.

'Hope that helps! Good luck, Gladys!

Divorce Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Kathryn Hisert; Realtor


As a Realtor specializing in assisting divorcing homeowners, I am able to provide "What to do about the house?" options. There are trade-offs to every transaction in life. How to equitably divide property at a time when emotions are running high can keep people from making the right long term decisions, and/or even considering how many there are. There are advantages and risks (emotional and financial) to each decision that needs to be uncovered. I can assist in this process. Please note: I am a Realtor and am only professionally qualified to answer questions directly related to the decision making process of what to do with your primary, investment and vacation property. My website provides details.


Certified Real Estate Divorce Specialist (1 of less than 10 in California) Certified Distress Property Expert

N. San Diego County Association of Realtors California Association of Realtors National Association of Realtors


CREDS (Certified Real Estate Divorce Specialist) CDPE (Certified Distress Property Expert)

Past/Present Clients

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.