Divorce Issues/divorced

Question
Hello my name is Gladys Ortiz, I had filed for divorce 23 years ago, my divorce was done from an ad in the newspaper, the attorney and I kept in communication through the phone, but I got divorced through the newspaper. How do I find out who the attorney was, since it had been 23 years ago. Help.

Answer
Hello Gladys.

If you no longer have the dissolution papers or any mail from the attorney, the county records will be your best bet.  Dissolution / divorce papers are filed in the county of the spouse, the Plaintiff, lives. So, if you have moved, you will need to contact the count you resided in at the time of the divorce filing. The attorney's name, address and phone number are required parts of information as they are the contact for the Court.

'Hope that helps! Good luck, Gladys!
Kathryn

Divorce Issues

Kathryn Hisert; Realtor