You are here:

Divorce Issues/divorce with unborn baby?


jackson wrote at 2013-04-15 21:20:34


Hello Mehdi.

You are doing the right thing by reaching out for help. Unfortunately, I am not qualified to provide what you need.  I am a Realtor working with divorcing couples regarding the disposition of their real estate.  However, on a very personal basis, may I suggest professional therapeutic counseling?  The multiple situations you have mentioned all carry long term, and not always positive, impact on all parties-- the traditionally overbearing parents and often helpless feeling females in your culture can raise even more uncertain feelings when new roles are being formed in a different societal setting.

I admire your willingness to speak frankly about your concerns and you obviously have deep feelings about commitment.  Again, unfortunately, you are in a true life or death situation that NO ONE can tell you what to do. Neither of you can support her and a child. Yet, she has the right to have the child if she chooses.  In my opinion it is unfair to suggest no support to her and no visitation rights to you.  It's definitely time for therapeutic, and eventually legal, intervention.  As you know, time is of the essence. Do not hesitate any longer.

Divorce Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Kathryn Hisert; Realtor


As a Realtor specializing in assisting divorcing homeowners, I am able to provide "What to do about the house?" options. There are trade-offs to every transaction in life. How to equitably divide property at a time when emotions are running high can keep people from making the right long term decisions, and/or even considering how many there are. There are advantages and risks (emotional and financial) to each decision that needs to be uncovered. I can assist in this process. Please note: I am a Realtor and am only professionally qualified to answer questions directly related to the decision making process of what to do with your primary, investment and vacation property. My website provides details.


Certified Real Estate Divorce Specialist (1 of less than 10 in California) Certified Distress Property Expert

N. San Diego County Association of Realtors California Association of Realtors National Association of Realtors


CREDS (Certified Real Estate Divorce Specialist) CDPE (Certified Distress Property Expert)

Past/Present Clients

©2017 All rights reserved.