Divorce Issues/Divorce

Question
My husband and I have been separated for 4 years, and now I am ready to file for Divorce. My question is I live in Utah and he lives in Illinois, and we were married in Michigan. I just moved to Utah 3 months ago, how do I file for Divorce? We have no Assets, No financial debts, and no children. What do I need to do? Or how do I get the process started?

Answer
Hi  Shelly.

As a Realtor I am unable to give you an answer with 100 percent certainty it will be correct. However, I do believe you will need to file in the state you were married.  You may want to check out the Lawyers.com website.  

Best wishes to you, Shelly. 'Hope everything works out well for you.
Kathryn

Divorce Issues

Kathryn Hisert; Realtor