Divorce Issues/Divorce Issue

Question
Good day
In the past I read that the main cause of divorce has to do with financials (money). Why is it that money / financials are the #1 cause of divorce. If one wanted to understand why and what causes money to be the #1 cause (to understand the psychology behind money being the #1 cause), can you refer me to any articles, books etc. that can help me to understand why money/financials are the #1 cause of divorce.

Answer
Actually there are several frequent reasons for marital discord leading to divorce.

Money is one.
The others are in-laws, and sex.  Those are the top three.

Often money is a concrete way of arguing about the power to make decisions.  Money issues are usually also
issues about who is in charge, who is in control.

A good book on the psychology of money is one called "The Last Taboo."

Feel free to follow up.

Philip Alan Belove, Ed.D

Divorce Issues

Philip Belove, Ed.D.