Divorce Issues/uncontested divorce

My family is moving to Mexico in a month. Yesterday I filed an uncontested divorce that I prepared. After filing and paying, they called the judges office for a court date. In Arkansas there is a 30 day waiting period. We assumed this would occur at the end of such. The date is set for August 5th because this court only hears uncontested cases on the 1,2or 3rd day of the month.
 Do you know of a petition or something I can file to also be absent from the courtroom to finalize this case.Written testamony? I told the person at the court my plight and they mentioned That I could file something, but I had to find out for myself or lawyer that I do not have or can afford. They wern't supposed to tell me what they did and I appreciate it. Any Ideas?

Hi Michael.

As I am not an attorney and am not familiar with Arkansas law and procedures, I am reticent to provide an answer. However, I suggest you try The site provides a forum with interaction with attorneys. Cool, huh?

Good luck to you, Michael!

Divorce Issues

Kathryn Hisert; Realtor

As a Realtor specializing in assisting divorcing homeowners, I am able to provide "What to do about the house?" options. There are trade-offs to every transaction in life. How to equitably divide property at a time when emotions are running high can keep people from making the right long term decisions, and/or even considering how many there are. There are advantages and risks (emotional and financial) to each decision that needs to be uncovered. I can assist in this process. Please note: I am a Realtor and am only professionally qualified to answer questions directly related to the decision making process of what to do with your primary, investment and vacation property. My website provides details.

Certified Real Estate Divorce Specialist (1 of less than 10 in California) Certified Distress Property Expert

N. San Diego County Association of Realtors California Association of Realtors National Association of Realtors

CREDS (Certified Real Estate Divorce Specialist) CDPE (Certified Distress Property Expert)