You are here:

Divorce Issues/Divorce in illinois


Hello. I have been married for 26 years, I became paralyzed 2 years ago and last year my wife left me. I do not know where she is at or how to get ahold of her. How do I go about getting a divorce. Kid is grown no fighting over anything. Should be simple.
Thank you. Jeff

Dear Jeff,

I am so sorry.  Laws differ from state to state, but an Illinois attorney could explain the procedure and many of them do offer free first time consultations.  Even though it should be uncontested, you will need an attorney.  You mention grown children.  They haven't heard from her either?  I'm no attorney, but in this age of internet information, a person should be fairly easy to locate.  I'd suggest a search across social media.

I hope this helps.  It sounds like you have been through a great deal.  If you need someone to listen, feel free to contact me through my website.

Kind Regards,
KD Liz  

Divorce Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger


I can answer general questions regarding separation, property, and some custody questions. I cannot answer legal questions or specific questions pertaining to individual states and counties. I can offer support through the pending time, as well as offering assistance and ideas as you move on as a single individual. I can tell you how to avoid repeat pitfalls and help you learn to leave old baggage out of new relationships. I can help you work through the contemplative time of "what if" and "if only." I am able to offer advice in dealing with unnecessary guilt, undeserved judgment, and share insight as to discerning between concerned friends, family and coworkers and nosey gossips.


I have been divorced more than once and am now married to my soulmate. We are living the exact life we both wanted to build 30 years ago, long before we ever met. Well actually it's better than I had dared hope.

©2017 All rights reserved.