Divorce Issues/Divorce in illinois

Question
Hello. I have been married for 26 years, I became paralyzed 2 years ago and last year my wife left me. I do not know where she is at or how to get ahold of her. How do I go about getting a divorce. Kid is grown no fighting over anything. Should be simple.
Thank you. Jeff

Answer
Dear Jeff,

I am so sorry.  Laws differ from state to state, but an Illinois attorney could explain the procedure and many of them do offer free first time consultations.  Even though it should be uncontested, you will need an attorney.  You mention grown children.  They haven't heard from her either?  I'm no attorney, but in this age of internet information, a person should be fairly easy to locate.  I'd suggest a search across social media.

I hope this helps.  It sounds like you have been through a great deal.  If you need someone to listen, feel free to contact me through my website.

Kind Regards,
KD Liz
www.thelandofgoshen.com  

Divorce Issues

Kindred Beisinger penname K D Elizabeth Beisinger