Dodge Repair/'05 Neon hvac: water on floor

Question
After 10 to 30 minutes of driving, with either the heat or the ac on. the fan starts to blow with little to no pressure. when ac is its warm. and when heat is on its hot but no breeze from vents. there is ice/moisture on the passenger floor board. if i pull ovber and park. it makes a huge puddle of water. then starts working again when i restart. Any ideas for me to fix it. thank you.

Answer
Hi Daniel,
These is at least one problem here which should be addressed first to see if that solves all your issues. The Ice/Water on the floor rug is due to the blockage of a tube that is supposed to drain the water that is generated by the operation of the defroster/ac unit through the firewall and onto the ground. If you jack up the right front wheel and support the vehicle on a jack stand, remove the wheel, you will then have access to the drain 'elbow' and drain tube.
Get under the vehicle and look up at the firewall (the panel between the engine compartment and the cabin). If you notice the large structural member behind the tire well, then look just toward the middle of the vehicle and up slightly you will see an elbow-shaped fitting held in place by a spring clamp. If you squeeze the clamp you can remove the elbow. You will notice that it was attached to a tube that protrudes through the firewall. The lumen of that tube is likely clogged up so take a stiff wire or similar device to probe into the tube opening to loosen up the crud. When you are successful you will notice water to begin running out of the lumen and onto the ground. Also check the lumen of the elbow to be sure it is not blocked up also. Once you have this drain path cleaned out there will be no more water on the floor of the cabin and it may also help the air distribution in the cabin. Reinstall the elbow.
Let me know if this doesn't solve that latter issue.
Please "rate" my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

PS: If you would like I can send you a page from the manual that shows the area I described. I can attach that to an email I would send to you directly but you need to tell me your email address. So do that with a follow-up question but don't use the @ symbol insetead use 'at' so that the address won't be automatically erased from your message.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston