Dodge Repair/2000dodge dakota sport 3.9 will not start

Question
After re-entering my truck it would not start,has done so 2 times within a month but always restarted after 45 mins or so..with check engine light on I used a code reader&it ca2me back as the crankshaft sensor...located(from sittin in driver seat) at the right rear back of engine..replaced with new censor& still will not start...what could be the problem? Any help would be appreciated,thanks..

Answer
Hi Mike,
Try disconnecting the battery briefly to erase the old fault code. Then reconnect and try to start it. Then if it won't start check for fault codes again. If you still have the crank sensor code (what is the #?) then check to see if you have 5v on the orange wire at pin 3 of the sensor plug when the ignition switch is in the run position, and also check the continuity of the dark blue/white signal wire pin 1 to pin 35 and the black/light blue wire pin 2 to pin 27, both of those at the engine controller plug.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found your quesition in the 'pool' to which it had been referred by Kevin.
Please 'rate' my answer (see below).
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston